Learn how exercise can work wonders not only for your physical health but for your brain health, too, by reading this article.
Curcumin, the spice derived from turmeric and the pigment that gives curry its yellow-orange color, has powerful anti-cancer properties. It has been found to:
• Prevent the transformation of cells from normal to tumor
• Inhibit the proliferation of tumor cells
• Help your body destroy mutated cancer cells and its spread in the body
• Decrease inflammation
• Block the synthesis of a protein thought to be instrumental in tumor formation
• Help stop the development of additional blood supply necessary for cancer cell growth (angiogenesis)
Whether you’re too busy to hit the gym or you’re staying at home to avoid the hassles of winter (i.e. slippery frozen roads and biting-cold temperature), these easy-to-follow exercises will do the trick.
• Elle’s Four-Week Plan to Killer Abs
• Carly Pizzani’s (aka Working Out Mama) Winter Workouts
• Mercola Peak Fitness Perfect Push-up
Click here to know more about these fantastic workout ideas!
• Commit to the relationship you share with your pet.
• Recognize that pet ownership requires an investment of time and money.
• Obey all local ordinances on pets, including licensing, leash requirements, and noise control.
• Make sure your pet is properly identified (i.e. tags or microchips), and keep her registration up-to-date.
• Don’t contribute to our nation’s pet overpopulation problem through spaying or neutering, containment, or managed breeding.
• Be observant of any decline in your pet’s quality of life.
• Take your pet to a holistic veterinarian regularly.
• Provide appropriate exercise and mental stimulation.
• Make sure your pet receives preventive health care, such as vaccination titers and parasite control.
- Play soft, soothing music before a possible stressor occurs.
- Use calming nutraceuticals and herbs such as holy basil, chamomile, and rhodiola.
- Put a few drops of the essential oil of lavender around your dog’s collar or diffuse the oil around your home for an overall relaxing effect.
- Ask your holistic vet about helpful homeopathic remedies, traditional Chinese medicine, and Bach Flower Essences.
- Practice Ttouch, a specific massage technique that can help anxious pets.
Read Proven Ways to Calm Your Dog from Storms, Separation Anxiety, and Other Phobias for more pet-care tips.
Fluoride is a poisonous industrial waste product that, when ingested, can lead to serious and even life-threatening health problems such as skeletal fluorosis, muscle disorders, brain and IQ damage, bone cancer, and genetic damage.
Learn how you can protect yourself against fluoride exposure with this Mercola infographic.
Read this infographic “10 Ways to Avoid Fluoride Exposure”, and find out which products found inside and outside your home contain this damaging neurotoxin. Use the embed code to share it on your website or visit our infographic page for the high-res version.
<img src="http://media.mercola.com/assets/images/infographic/avoid-fluoride-exposure.jpg" alt="10 Ways to Avoid Fluoride Exposure" border="0" style="max-width:100%; min-width:300px; margin: 0 auto 20px auto; display:block;"><p style="max-width:800px; min-width:300px; margin:0 auto; text-align:center;">Read this infographic, "<a href="http://www.mercola.com/infographics/avoid-fluoride-exposure.htm">10 Ways to Avoid Fluoride Exposure</a>", and find out which products found inside and outside your home contain this damaging neurotoxin. Visit our infographic page for the high-res version.</p>
Gum disease or periodontal disease is the most common oral health problem for dogs and cats. Some of its most common symptoms include:
- Bad breath
- Difficulty chewing
- Mouth sensitivity
- Inflamed or bleeding gums
- Tooth loss
- Loss of appetite
- Digestive problems
- Mood and other behavioral changes
Protect your furry friend’s oral health by making it a habit to brush his teeth every day.
- It has a healthy supply of antioxidants for immune system support.
- It has potent antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- It has anti-inflammatory components.
- It is useful for treating upper respiratory infections.
- It has cancer-fighting effects.
Know more about this wonderful herb by reading this article.
Dave Smith reveals why bodyweight exercises are extremely good for you. Check this out:
- You get better workouts without the need for equipment.
- You get both cardiovascular and strength training in one workout.
- Your core gets stronger.
- You become more flexible.
- Your balance improves.
- Regular exercise
- Living independently
- Learning something new
- Eating healthy, organic food
- Being smoke and alcohol-free
- Close family ties
- Strong faith